For anyone looking for a good pair of high waisted jeans, listen up! Both of these jeans are amazing picks for fall, but I do like the Topshop Joni jeans more. Here’s why. First off, the Joni jeans come in lengths and waist sizes so you can find your perfect fit. The easy jeans only come in sizes small, medium and large sizing so it’s hard to gage where you fit in. Another reason that I like the Joni jeans more is that they don’t stretch out as much throughout the day. When I wore the easy jeans to school, they would be tight at 7 AM but then by 2 PM the ankle stretched out as well as the bum and waist. So annoying! The Joni’s are pretty much jeggings so they stay in place all day. I also like the zipper / button on the Joni’s more. It makes the jeans look like they’re high quality instead of the boring brassy button on the easy jeans. I hope this helps anyone who was on the fence! xx Flo
Sunday, July 28, 2013
Saturday, July 27, 2013
Thursday, July 25, 2013
As some of you may know, I spent the last week in New York City! NYC is probably one of my favorite cities, if not favorite apart from Boston. I read a quote once that said "New York isn't a city, it's a world" which definitely proved to be true. It's almost like every country in the world compacted into 22 miles. Everything there moves so fast, and all of the people are so different it's a great experience. I'd love to live there one day, if I am able to get used to it. Here are some snaps I took during my adventures!
Here is a waffle cart in Central Park! I didn't get any
but I'm sure they would have been tasty!
Here is a lovely view of the skyline I took, I love
how Central Park is kind of a grassy oasis amongst
all of the chaos in the streets!
Here is one of the turtle friends I made! I almost picked it
up but someone warned me that some
of the turtles are snapping! Could've lost a finger.
Something about this house + door combination really
interested me! When I have my own house
I really want a distinctive door color.
Classic taxi shot! NYC is known for the
yellow cabs but I actually hadn't seen these
truck-y versions before!
Subway stop! The metro in NYC is a bit overpriced, or
maybe the Boston T is just cheap.
Either way I was surprised at $5 for a round trip.
I know to the real New Yorkers, fire escapes aren't
some sort of architectural miracle
but to me they are really beautiful!
Just imagine living in one of these amazing houses!
Such a lovely place.
And then the best part of my whole trip.
Meeting the most inspratinoal people in the
whole world. Danielle Bernstein and Eleanor Calder.
Friday, July 12, 2013
I've decided to start doing a "Favorites of the Week" post once in a while, just as an way to keep you all updated with what I'm loving in an easy way! To keep it short, I made 6 categories; food, shoes, beauty, clothes, music and accessories. I hope you like this! xx Flo
1. Food - Starbucks Passion Iced Tea. I have always been one of those girls who only gets really sugary Sarbucks drinks, but recently my sister has turned me onto these teas! At first I didn't like them but now I love the taste. It's definitely better for me than the frappes (which are basically glorified milkshakes) and they're great on a hot day.
2. Shoes - Topshop adonis boots. When I ordered these back in January, I thought they would be strictly a Fall / Winter shoe, but I have been wearing them a lot lately! I think the fact that they are short and have cut out detail make them really great to wear in summer, and look great with a skirt or tailored shorts.
3. Beauty - Topshop Cream Blush. I have tried a lot of different blushes (mostly powdered) but they were all way too harsh and bold for me. I have naturally rosy cheeks so I only wear blush to get a different shade. This blush is so lovely and is really easy to control the intensity of when applying it.
4. Clothes - Topshop PTP tank. Grahpic tees and tanks are one of my staple items for summer because they go with everything! Under dungarees, with high waisted shorts or skirts, they look amazing and effortless. I especially love this one because it is sleeveless and wearable in the hottest weather.
5. Music - Born Sinner by J. Cole. This album has been on repeat for me for the whole week! I love it so much, there is no song I would skip over. J. Cole is probably one of my favorite rappers (if not artists) at the moment; he's definitely really underrated! I recommend you check out the whole album but my favorite song on it is Crooked Smile.
6. Accessories - Tiffany's E.P Necklace. I love this neckalce so much, it's so timeless. I haven't taken it off since I got it for my graduation last month. It's probably going to be a 'favorite' forever, so I had to include it!
Monday, July 8, 2013
Ever since I saw Miranda Kerr wearing her newest bag, I have been brainstorming different ways to fit it into my personal style. Apart from a 90's party I went to, neon has never made it into my wardrobe. It always seemed really flashy and too over-the-top for me. Lately I have realized that by having one small neon piece, an outfit can stay classic but pop at the same time. My favorite neon item is the Michael Kors Selma bag, so
I put together some sets with it! xx Flo
⋅ Labels: polyvore
Today I had some down time and decided to paint a little! I haven't sat down and actually painted something I wanted to since the summer going into 8th grade, and I had definitely forgot how fun it is. Theres something really lovely about just sitting down in your room alone with an idea and some water colors. This specific one I made today is for one of my amazing friends Lindsey who lives in New York City. She is a total city girl (and also has a love for elephants), so I decided to make a somewhat funny painting for her to put in her apartment! I decided to have a frontwards view of an elephant right in the middle of W25th street, to kind of put the whole "Concrete jungle" thing in a literal way. I think the light watercolors make the actual drawing part stand out, and I had a great time doing it! My grandfather was an amazing painter so I wanted to pretend I was one for the day, I even left a little signature on the bottom right corner for the final touch. Let me know what you guys think of my most recent artsy endeavor! xx Flo
Saturday, July 6, 2013
Thursday, July 4, 2013
Tuesday, July 2, 2013
Every year I am always excited for the fourth of July (mostly because my birthday is two days after) but also because of the style! It's fun to be able to incorporate a few patriotic pieces into your casual summer wardrobe to show your American pride. Weather you're watching fireworks or going to the beach, you don't have to wrap yourself in a flag to get into the independence day spirit. I think some of the simplest outfits that rely on the red, white and blue theme are the best!
Another way to have a great understated outfit for the fourth, is to choose a favorite Americana themed piece and base your outfit around that! I love these flag print shorts from topshop and this flag print jacket from Ralph Lauren. Here are a few outfit ideas that you could wear to many different occasions. I hope you like them, and have a great weekend! xx Flo